Who is Wyatt Goshorn
I wasn’t a runner but when I was 14, I saw the Olympic marathon, and just knew that I had to run one. As I got older, I started training and had an amazing time. In 2012 I ran the Redding Marathon and finished in 3:00:42. So close! Finally after many tries, I broke the three hour barrier and won the 2017 Redding Marathon in a time of 2:52:07.
During that time, I was able to get a lot of my family in to running. Watching them cross the finish line always inspires me. Even though trails were what I trained on, I raced most of my races on the pavement. Trail racing didn’t catch on for me until 2015 but I can’t get enough now. I am absolutely drawn to a good challenge which is the reason for what happened next. I jumped into the Pine to Palm 100 miler in the fall of 2016 and out-performed my best expectation. Now, I wonder what else I can do.
I would love to explore every trail and every mountain range. I dream of running fast in America’s biggest trail races and meeting new friends along the way. As time goes on, I hope to become a coach for runners. It gets me so excited to watch athletes go on to achieve their very best.
Gorge Waterfalls 100k April 8 2017: 32nd place 12:03:32
Redding Marathon January 15th 2017: 1st place 2:52:01
Pine to Palm 100 miler September 10th 2016: 9th place 22:49:25
Silver State 50 miler May 21st 2016: 8:14:50
Whiskeytown Waterfalls 30k April 16th 2016: 1st place 3:17:35
Shasta Lemurian Classic Short Course Champion 2013-2015
Whiskeytown Trail Runs (First Trail Race) 30k Oct. 2011 1st place 2:41:12
Other fun things:
1. I love a lot of mint flavored things like mint chocolate, mint tea, mint Oreos. Peppermint candies are my secret weapon on the trail.
2. I also go for oranges as a consistent means of fueling. Slices at the aid stations, and orange juice in my fuel bottle over soda. I crave orange juice on my long runs.
3. I prefer running at 3 am in the morning than any other time except sunset and sunrise.
4. A hundred was a great challenge but I would like to try a multiday race someday.
5. I would watch an Ironman World Championship race the morning before my races. Now I love any Billy Yang Film.
6. I am drawn to the toughest trails and enjoy steep difficult downhills.
7. Running has been my only sport. Aside from a few small bike races and a few trips to go snow boarding.
8. My favorite book is “life without limits” by Chrisse Wellington.