You found me!
As you know by now I run more than just a little. So glad that you caught up with me. If you are interested in adventures and good reads you found the “Write” place. Ha… See what I did there.
Anyway Let me tell you a Little bit about myself.
Almost daily you could find me running, reading, and writing.
I love working with the running community at Fleet Feet Sports CDA.
I enjoy writing everything from race reports to articles. I have had a lot of adventures and fun outdoors and I enjoy sharing it though my writing.
I don’t do just any races or maybe I do, but I most enjoy trail races. My first race was back in 2010 when I ran the local Redding Turkey Trot 6 miler. I now have competed in over a 100+ events(I kept every race bib). Some were full of suffering and others amazing days.
Here are a few of my best results.
Hayden Lake Marathon, October 14th: 2nd place 3:02:43
Gorge Waterfalls 100k, April 8th 2017: 32nd place 12:03:32
Redding Marathon, January 15th 2017: 1st place 2:52:01
Pine to Palm 100 miler, September 10th 2016: 9th place 22:49:25
Silver State 50 miler, May 21st 2016: 8:14:50
Whiskeytown Waterfalls, 30k April 16th 2016: 1st place 3:17:35
Shasta Lemurian Classic, Short Course Champion 2013-2015
Whiskeytown Trail Runs, (First Trail Race) 30k Oct. 2011 1st place 2:41:12
Other fun things:
1. I love a lot of mint flavored things like mint chocolate, mint tea, mint Oreos. Peppermint candies are my secret weapon on the trail.
2. I also go for oranges as a consistent means of fueling. Slices at the aid stations, and orange juice in my fuel bottle over soda. I crave orange juice on my long runs.
3. I prefer running at 3 am in the morning than any other time except sunset and sunrise.
4. A hundred was a great challenge but I would like to try a multiday race someday.
5. I would watch an Ironman World Championship race the morning before my races. Now I love any Billy Yang Film.
6. I am drawn to the toughest trails and enjoy steep difficult downhills.
7. Running has been my only sport. Aside from a few small bike races and a few trips to go snow boarding.
8. My favorite book is “life without limits” by Chrisse Wellington.